Even from home, we can stay tuned into Spring through Live Broadcasts from NYC Park’s new Parks@Home site. Here’s a sampling of their programs:
- Join an NYC Parks Ranger for a scenic hike or nature activity, live every Tuesday.
- Have you visited every park in NYC? On Wednesdays, tune in for a live walk through a park. An urban park ranger will point out seasonal blooms.
- NYC Park’s community fitness program, called ShapeUp, is offering meditation moments every Friday and tips for working out at home every Monday.
Here are some other favorites for streaming nature in NYC:
- Did you know more Red-tail Hawks live in NYC than in any other habitat? They love nesting on our skyscrapers. Though the Washington Square Park camera is no longer streaming, you can still tune into some Red-tail Hawk nests live here.
- The New York Botanical Garden is streaming weekly plant talks and seasonal highlight videos.
- Keep up to date on The Brooklyn Botanical Garden famous Cherry Esplanade by tuning into their Cherry Watch.