We know that getting exercise can help us focus, reduces stress, and improves our health. The CDC recommends that children and adolescents ages 6 to 17 years do 60 minutes or more of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity daily.
If you’re currently home schooling, here are a few free online resources for getting in P.E. time throughout the day. When playgrounds open back up, you’ll be ready with new ideas for how to make the most of them!
- The New York Road Runners offers an exercise tracker and P.E. activities and games led by Olympic medalist and NYRR ambassador Jenny Simpson!
- P.E. with Joe: Joe offers a 30 min P.E. class everyday, Monday-Friday.
- The NYC-based Active Plus is providing free P.E. videos weekly (+ cooking classes!).
- Wellness in the Schools has been posting some super fun “recess” games on Instagram using no equipment or items you may have around your home.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga offers quirky, colorful yoga classes aimed to make mindfulness fun for kids.
- Dancing counts as exercise! You may be familiar with all the dance content on the TikTok App, but there are many more resources available for free on YouTube, including this KidzBop channel.
Do you have other P.E. resources to share? Let us know!