Thank you to all who attended this year’s Stewardship Workshop. Your input and creativity inspired many joyful ideas for activating your Green Schoolyard spaces. My highlight was seeing the whole group get playful with some movement games led by The Movement Creative in the PS 184M playground…despite the rain!
In case you missed it, here are the wonderful NYC-based partners showcased this year:
- GrowNYC’s school gardens program shared their many resources and demo a garden activity in the playground.
- The Movement Creative shared their parkour-based program offerings and got us moving with a game in the playground.
- Neighbors in Action shared on event planning, as well as youth-led organizing for social change and neighborhood safety.
- Our full Stewardship PowerPoint presentation can be downloaded here:
Here are resources from the workshop:
- Playground Visioning Tool
- A worksheet for gathering more playground stakeholders
- Program and Event Ideas
- NYC-based Curriculum and Resources – 2022 Highlights
- Potential playground budget items
- Tips for Event Planning
And here is our TPL Mini-grant Application which you can apply for anytime up until May 16th.