Afterschool & The Playground’s Open!
The Why: Afterschool programs are an opportunity to build community connections, leverage resources, and to ensure that your playground is used to its maximum capacity. Camps, sports leagues, events, and informal play all help to create a positive culture in your playground and your community.
Afterschool Programmatic Partners
- The Movement Creative can work with your school to creative a site-specific after school program.
- Play:Ground NYC can partner with your school to set up Pop-Up Play materials, offer afterschool events with a trained Play Worker, or facilitate kid-directed play at recess.
- Bring in the Rising New York Road Runners or the Striders for older adults.
- Get play equipment donated to your playground.
- Participate in the City Nature Challenge.
- Host a community storytelling event.
- Read in the garden.
- Start a garden club led by kids and/or adults.
- Host garden activities for little ones.
- Plan a community event.
- Find more in our Full NYC Stewardship Manual